Friday 10 February 2012

Why take the risk?

Matt receiving grade 7, Maths Subject Award
As the last blog was dedicated to my first born decided to chronologically tell a tale about each of them from eldest to youngest....so Matt is next.

Matt is gifted with an innate ability for mathematics, along with many other wonderful attributes! He certainly doesn't inherit this aptitude from me, thankfully naturally bequest  from his Dad, who funnily enough we first met each other in grade 11 maths!! Needless to say I failed maths because I spent the whole class talking to you know who! Matt's middle name is his Dad's & in personality they are the same. Quiet, deep waters! Amazing how prophetic a name can be!

If you read, Four Point Lesson, this blog illustrated how Matt naturally applies maths to life and sees statistical differentials in ordinary things. Besides, Iron Guts I also affectionately call Matt, my little statistician! If our first born is, Mr EQ, then Matt is Mr IQ. Matt naturally analyses everything through a life lens that is different to most. Matt is going to love Physics! 

Anyways, today's story starts in Church. Matt was about 10yrs old. For some reason it was just Matt & me this one day sitting together in Church. I clearly remember a couple were sharing their experiences about their work in Uzbekistan teaching English and were showing a powerpoint slide with photos of their work etc.....

So here we were just watching, listening. Then Matt whispers me to quietly,    " I don't know why anyone would risk it!"  His comment didn't seem to fit what was happening up front so quietly asked back, "What do you mean Matt?" He replied, "why anyone would risk not believing in God! Cause if He is real, then it's a win win, this life & the next, if He isn't then you're stuffed if you get to heaven & He IS real!".

I was totally blown away by his profound thinking at such a young age! Totally agreed with his conclusion & still do!


2 comments:

  1. Awesome. Natural. Childhood. Belief. Dakota said
    "I never see the Easter bunny or Santa clause but
    I believe in them so why shouldn't I believe in god
    He made me with your help mum". Age 6.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jo for being the first to post a comment on my blog! You win the freddo frog award! Yes childlike faith, so natural, so simple, so uncomplicated! Love it, thanks for sharing Dakota's 6yr old wisdom too!

    ReplyDelete